Monday 11 April 2016

Kunal Roy

Author Name: Kunal Roy
Best Known WorksFour Weeks - The Beginning
Where Can You Find Him?: Blog, Twitter
Top Writing Tip: I find people mess up stories a lot because they are afraid to explore situations.You can write emotion and creativity into any situation. So, don't be afraid to explore any situation! You can mess up a great story like that!



Hi Kunal, thank you for taking the time to talk to us!

When and why did you begin writing?

I think a lot about what I can do to make the world a happier place and I work every day to get closer to being able to execute my ideas. I recently delivered my first TEDx talk, called Childish Fantasies. The video will be out soon. I want to write stories that can save the world! My book series is my first attempt to do so and I think I've a done a really good job!

Is this your first published piece or have you published before?

I have published research before. This is my first novel!

How did the topic of your books come to you?

I thought I wanted to show that an epic sci-fi story about life and all it's challenges that readers can really connect with, be moved by and be saved by does not have to span over years and years. A lot happens in a day! Hence, I came up with Four Weeks!

Tell us a little bit about your story.

This is a sci-fi that starts out as a story of a man who suddenly discovers that it is entirely up to him to save the Earth from the wrath of a certain alien race, though he is not quite ready for it as he is suddenly left without his love or his family. When his journey leads him to the alien planet, he learns about their not so perfect society, about the trouble makers and the peace keepers, some of the wildlife, the traditions and the games. Though not conscious of it, he slowly becomes too involved. He mingles, he makes a friend and discovers that watching the aliens lets him imagine the society back on Earth, differently. But as the threat of Earth’s destruction still looms, he has to filter through many thoughts to stay focused on the enemy — thoughts about the culture of the aliens, about the overwhelming odds he faces and painful recollections of his love and family. When he gets to the end, he finds out that he has set the stage for a an epic series of events.

Four Weeks – The Beginning, the first book of the series has suspense, comedy, aliens, superpowers, adventure, love, friendship and some insight into human behavior.

The full story plays out over four weeks and reveals a shocking connection between the Earth and the alien planet that binds their fates — a connection that no one knows has existed since the very first of the alien beings started inhabiting their planet. It involves several characters from different time periods. The events of Four Weeks, big and small are set in a variety of geographical locations on Earth as well as on the alien planet to culminate in a heartwarming conclusion that no one will see coming. 

So, I strongly believe that there is something in this story for every to enjoy. It's going to be one of those pick me up stories that tells you how to deal with tough odds and heartache through a super awesome plot.

Are you self published? What was your experience?

I am self published. I used the services of a very good Indian company called Cinnamon Teal and I have no complaints regarding their service. Their process was efficient and the editor assigned to me was fun and gave great insights. 

Who encourages you? Who inspires you?

I first got interested in telling stories when I came across this blog called creativerecall. It isn't active anymore. The author, John Piermarini booked WWE scripts his own way and they were a joy to read! I thought I wanna script storylines! Also, Roger Federer and other tennis stars really inspire me. I've always thought that there is no bigger moment in life than a big moment in the life of a tennis star. It's just such an emotional ride and I really get that! I am a very motivated individual to begin with. Also, lately I read a book called Tiny Instruments by Mitchell Bogatz. That has given me renewed motivation!

What are your plans for future writing?

I plan to write more stories of course! I have a lot of ideas. The main purpose of my writing is to save the world, make it a happy place! Also, I will do academic writing and research. 

*

Thank you Kunal for giving us a glimpse into your passion and your process! We wish you all the best with your science fiction novels and making the world a happier place!


WordPress




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be a delay between posting your comment and it appearing. Thanks for taking the time to get involved.